YouTube Psych is my new YouTube channel where I offer resources, tips, suggestions, advice, education, and a platform for viewers to ask me questions about mental health, diagnoses, relationships, raising children, parenting, suicide, self-injurious behaviors, etc. This is an EXCITING opportunity for us to connect via social media and discuss the topics that rarely get discussed.
This channel is not only for parents, families, and caregivers, but for everyone interested in learning more about the challenges they experience in their lives. I will be sharing personal experiences in my career, give you examples of ways you can cope with challenging people in your life, and conduct videos as I do individual or family counseling sessions.
The goal of this YouTube channel is to create another platform for us to connect, grow, and learn.
Some of these topics include but are not limited to:
- Living with someone with borderline personality disorder
- Coping with a narcissistic spouse, family member, or boss
- Preparing for a mental health crisis with a loved one
- Preparing for your first mental health therapy appointment
- Leaving your therapist for another therapist
- Your rights in the mental health system
- Living or working with someone with a traumatic childhood or past
- Pursuing mental health treatment for children under age 7
- Identifying behavioral problems in children and learning early signs of mental illness or behavioral problems
- Controlling a child with ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, or persistent personalities
- Protecting yourself from pathological liars and those who triangulate
- Finding hope, faith, and strength in tribulations
- Healing from childhood trauma
Have a topic for me to talk about?
This YouTube Psych will allow viewers to ask me questions they may around the topic for the week. Clips will be posted at least 1x per week on Friday’s by 5:00pm. The first video will air on June 22, 2017.
You will be able to see me live-stream a few videos as well. And you will have the opportunity to make suggestions on future videos you would like for me to do.
Stay tuned! Looking forward to connecting with you.