Home-schooling was a life saver for me and for many other kids as well. While there are some good hearted teachers, there are also some teachers who are very unlikely to motivate a child to succeed. Most kids today struggle with school for a variety of reasons including but not limited to:
- Mental health problems (delusions, hallucinations, depression, phobias)
- Behavioral health problems (ADHD, oppositional behaviors, impulsivity, inattention)
- Medical conditions (concussions, migraines, nausea, dizziness, asthma)
- Bullying (cyber, physical, social, verbal)
- Self-fulfilling prophecies (when a superior such as a teacher views a student negatively, which the student can detect. A student who detects negative vibes from a superior is likely to believe the negative vibes are true and fail).
Children and teens are in a very tough lifetime and it’s best to consider ways to help make life more convenient for them. Who doesn’t appreciate convenience? Learning is about learning only, not negative vibes from a teacher, peer pressure, bullying, socializing, substance abuse, etc.
For 5 benefits to home-schooling your child or teen, read my article at mentalhealth.answers.com!