Thank you for visiting Anchored-In-Knowledge.com. As a newbie to this site, I know some things can appear a bit confusing and maybe even overwhelming. So I started this page to help you navigate through this site.
This site has been constructed to meet the needs of parents, families, and caregivers as well as other adults seeking to learn more about mental health or behavioral health problems.
Schedule a therapy session with me
If you are interested in scheduling a therapy appointment with me in Pennsylvania, please go back to the home page and click on “counseling services” and “book a session with me.” If you are not quite ready to schedule a session and have questions or concerns, please call the number listed under “book a session with me” or email: email@example.com. You can also send me an online voicemail by going back to the home screen, scrolling down to the bottom of the page, and click on “record a message.”
Blog posts and articles
I cover a variety of topics including but not limited to:
- Specific mental health conditions:
- Borderline Personality Disorder – primarily on the topic of adolescent borderline trait
- Childhood trauma and its effect on growing individuals
- Psychotic symptoms or features in children and adolescents
- Depression and anxiety
- Behavioral problems
- Relational challenges
- Pursuing appropriate mental health treatment and locating services in your area
- Knowing the right questions to ask a mental health professional if a loved one is hospitalized or receiving mental health care.
- Protecting your loved one’s rights within the mental health system
- Confidentiality and HIPAA laws
- Mental Health challenges within ethnic minority communities
You will also find a series of inspirational videos, music, and posts from me. I love to pass information along and share with my followers. I believe sharing knowledge leads to greater awareness of the world around us. So you can check my Twitter or Pinterest for updates. I often share my existential/spiritual side with you by writing about:
- Self esteem and self-identity with adolescent girls
- Delinquency in adolescent boys
- pain and sorrow
You will get a mix of information for intellectual use and emotional/spiritual use as well. Here is an example of what you’ll find!
Psycho-education involves the learning of information specific to psychology, counseling, or mental health. I will provide as much education as possible on just about every topic I write about. Please feel free to leave me a message below, on the front page, with suggestions on topics you’d like to learn more about.
There are also a few definitions on this site that you should be aware of. Some examples are:
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- Confidentiality (your right to privacy in a healthcare setting)
- Psychiatric Advanced Directives, also known as a “living will” (gives family control over a loved one’s treatment)
- Severe mental illness (anything that debilitates an individual and reduces ability to function in daily life)
- Involuntary commitment (being hospitalized against one’s will)
- Civil commitment (state law that allows individuals to sign themselves into a hospital or be committed)
There is a lot of information on this site! So please feel free to start out by going to my about page and navigate around the site.
Podcasts, radio interviews, etc not on this site
Lastly, you will see links to other blogs, organizations, etc. that I have partnered with to produce a podcast, an article, a blog post, etc. You can usually find this information under “media center.”
In the meantime, thank you once again for visiting and I hope you make this place your home for knowledge. If you’d like to stay up-dated on other things I’m doing in the mental health system sign up for my newsletter!