Firstly, I want to thank Goodtherapy.org for inviting me back another year to lead a webinar on teen suicide and the impact of suicide-contagion. In this post you will find some of the links discussed during the webinar. If you did not attend the webinar today you can learn more about upcoming webinars at www.goodtherapy.org.
- Michelle Carter was sentenced for sending a series of text messages to her boyfriend who later committed suicide. Video of trial sentence https://youtu.be/le4B8VzlgLc. The case gained major publicity and caused researchers to revisit the topic of suicide-contagion https://beta.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2019/02/06/her-texts-urged-boyfriend-kill-himself-judge-just-upheld-her-conviction/?outputType=amp.
- Mass Shooter Training was released after the incident in El Paso Texas by NetCe and offers CEUs to LPC, LCSW’s, etc. You can find the Course Content – #96430: Mass Shooters and Murderers: Motives and Paths – NetCE on their website https://www.netce.com/coursecontent.php?courseid=1784.
- My book on teen suicide: https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Helping-Suicidal-Teens-Therapeutic/dp/1975870646
- Article focusing on some research about suicide – contagion https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK223839/
- Sorrows of Young Wether book – http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2527/2527-h/2527-h.htm
- *VERY GRAPHIC video of Dwyer’s suicide caught on Youtube. After his suicide was posted on Youtube, a series of suicidal thoughts were expressed from those who watched https://youtu.be/eVm88MX2Gw
If you have questions about the webinar today or would like further resources, feel free to email me at email@example.com.