Guest blogs can be a rewarding experience for writers and readers.
Do you have a story that you’d like to share about an experience with mental health? Do you have an experience with counseling or psychotherapy that you’d like to share? If so, I am looking for you!
From January 25, 2018, until January 25, 2019, I will be accepting guest blog posts for a total of 6 months. Two guest posts will be accepted each month, posted, and then promoted via social media.
In 2013 to 2015 I “hosted” a “Personal Stories Week” in which 15 writers were chosen to share their personal stories of triumph and challenge in the mental health system. It became a yearly event for 3 years in which writers would be featured on my international blog through PsychCentral.com – blogs.psychcentral.com/caregivers.
Who is the audience?
The reader of Anchoredinknowledge.com is typically parents, families, caregivers, and even teachers searching for information to help them understand a youth struggling with mental or behavioral health. However, my audience also includes friends of individuals with mental health challenged as well as young adults.
What are your articles like?
For over 10 years now I have been the sole writer of my website and blog. Articles focus on building awareness and stimulating discussion. Articles tend to be personal, succinct, and educational. Each article strives to engage the audience while also teaching or providing insight.
Where will articles be shared?
Articles accepted for Anchoredinknowledge.com will be reviewed and shared via social media (Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, Google+, my newsletter, and my international blog – blogs.psychcentral.com/caregivers). You retain all rights and copyrights to the work. Please use proper citation of any information obtained online including photos.
Will all articles be accepted?
No. I do retain the right to accept or reject articles based on the audience and mission of Anchoredinknowledge.com. Once articles are submitted they will be reviewed within 7-10 business days. If your topic is chosen, you will receive an email with details on how to proceed from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not receive a response after submission of your guest article topic, your article will not be published at this time. Writers will be emailed once their blog goes live.
Guest Blog Guidelines
Please read the writers guidelines below before proceeding. Thank you for your interest in writing a guest blog.
- Please do not send manuscripts. The form for consideration is below.
- You may submit a short (1-2 sentence bio), your social media links, and a photo.
- Please avoid any language that may be offensive to another person’s cultural background or religion. *Please be careful with language as articles written with offensive terminology will not be considered.
- If your blog is selected, submission of articles should be in Microsoft Word or Open Office format to email@example.com.
- Your article will go live approximately 2 weeks after submission of the final draft.
- Submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “final draft.”
- Please do not attach photos. You may incorporate them in the body of your email.
- Your blog post submission must be in its final form. Please do not send “drafts.”
- Blog posts should be a mixture of personal experience and education.
- Titles should be succinct and reflective of what’s written in the body of the blog post.
- Links that are broken or do not provide value will be removed.
- All blog submissions will be edited for corrections ONLY. Please proofread final drafts.
- Guest blog posts should be 450 words in length. *No exceptions.
To be considered as a guest writer, please complete the form below and briefly explain:
-What you want to write about
– Why you want to write it
– What your ultimate message would be
– Why your story would build insight and knowledge
– How you will encourage the reader
-Who your message is for
-If you have any previous blog posts
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]